River Mill Data Management set the standards for area shredding companies by creating our Client Bill of Rights. This document details what clients should expect from a shredding company and reflects our commitment to you.
Highest Information Security
- You have a right to expect that your shredding company will guarantee you the highest level of information security, by complying with all twenty-eight critical requirements necessary to be AAA Certified by The National Association of Information Destruction (NAID)
- You have a right to expect that no shredding company employee will ever touch your confidential documents. All confidential information should go directly from your bin to the shredder and should never be hand sorted for recycling purposes.
- You have a right to competitive prices for regularly scheduled shredding services.
- You have a right to guaranteed on time service. Your shredding company should pick up at your location on your regularly scheduled day. If they miss your service date for any reason, they should shred all your materials for free.
- You have a right to expect that if you call your shredding company with a question or a comment that an actual person (and not voice mail) will take your call, address your concerns and if necessary, put you in touch with a senior management person on the very same day that you call.
Employee Conduct & Appearance
- You have a right to expect that all shredding company employees that come into your building will be clean cut, well groomed and wear a uniform with an ID badge.
- You have a right to expect that your shredding company will perform criminal background checks on prospective employees, as well as ongoing random drug testing on everyone that comes in contact with you and your confidential materials.
- You have a right to expect your shredding company will provide complete insurance coverage with general liability insurance of $2,000,000, so that your organization is protected in the unlikely event your confidential information is ever compromised.
- You have a right to expect that your shredding company will shred more than just paper. You should not have to find other destruction options for your CDs, back-up tapes, and computer hard drives.
- You have a right to expect that your shredding company will use only high tech, high speed shredding trucks trucks, so that you won’t have to wait around forever while the shredding company destroys your confidential materials.